SpermWash® is used for swim up techniques of human spermatozoa, introduction of washed spermatozoa into the uterus during IUI, for sperm injection into oocytes during ICSI, to wash the spermatozoa and/or for diluting stock solution of silica-based density-gradients. SpermWash® can also be used for washing of human oocytes, embryos and embryo transfer.
SpermWash® is a HEPES buffered medium which contains bicarbonate, physiologic salts, glucose, lactate, HSA (Human Serum Albumin, 4.00g/L), phenol red and gentamicin.
- pH: 7,30 – 7,60 (Release criteria)
- Osmolality: 270 - 290 mOsm/kg
- Endotoxin: < 0,25 EU/ml
- Sterility: sterile, SAL 10-3
- MEA: ≥ 80%
- Chemical composition
- Use of Ph Eur or USP grade products if applicable
- Certificate of Analysis and MSDS are available upon request.
- Store refrigerated (2° - 8°C).
- Do not use after expiry date.
- Do no freeze before use.
- Keep away from (sun)light.
- After opening the container, do not use the product longer than 7 days. Sterile conditions must be maintained and product must be stored at 2° - 8°C.
- Stable after transport (up to 5 days) at elevated temperatures(≤ 37°C).
SpermWash® is sterilized by using aseptic processing techniques.
SpermWash® is supplied sterile ﬁltered in pharmaceutical grade borosilicate glass bottles with Teﬂon-coated rubber stoppers and tamper proof seals.
|Catalogue No.||Bottle Size|
Precautions and Warnings
- Always work under hygienic conditions (LAF-bench, ISO Class 5) to avoid possible contamination.
- Always wear protective clothing when working with specimens.
- Handle specimens as if capable of transmitting HIV or hepatitis.
- Ensure that the patient is not sensitized to the antibiotic gentamicin.
- Standard measures to prevent infections resulting from the use of medicinal products prepared from human blood or plasma include selection of donors, screening of individual donations and plasma pools for specific markers of infection and the inclusion of effective manufacturing steps for the inactivation/removal of viruses. Despite this, when medicinal products prepared from human blood or plasma are administered, the possibility of transmitting infective agents cannot be totally excluded. This also applies to unknown or emerging viruses and other pathogens. There are no reports of proven virus transmissions with albumin manufactured to European Pharmacopoeia specifications by established processes.
How do I order this product?
Please send your order by email. If any questions please don't hesitate to contact us and we will do our utmost to help you. Cryos Customer Service communicates in the following languages: Danish, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese.